Wednesday, June 29, 2011

PARIS: Jean Paul Hévin




There is a cafe culture so inherent in Parisians, especially apparent during the warm summer afternoons, that it would be sacrilegious not to reserve some time to yourself to immerse in it for an hour or two. 

Having spoiled my lunch by choosing to sit in one of these cafes, read and have a cappuccino and pain au chocolat for breakfast, I couldn't appreciate my meal at Jean Paul Hevin the way my breakfast-starved family did. (Not that I regretted this. Being on my own, even for awhile, is vital for maintaining my sense of sanity.)

For a chocolatier, Jean Paul Hevin does a surprisingly good lunch. The light, creamy parmesan sauce on the ravioli picked up the dryness of the slightly overcooked salmon and the curry chicken was perfectly tender. 


salmon and spinach ravioli with parmesan


croque monsieur 
Is this the best dessert menu or what?

Now brace yourself for what my family ordered for dessert. How we are all not impossibly fat eludes me.
Chocolat Passion
Pyramide


Longchamp


Ecaudor

Jean-Paul Hévin shop and Chocolate Bar
231 rue Saint-Honoré
75001 Paris
Tel : +33 (0)1 55 35 35 96

No comments: