Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SINGAPORE: Privé Bakery Cafe

Remember my post a month ago on Privé Restaurant? Since then, I've been back to Keppel Bay more times than I can remember - for the Bakery Cafe side of it. Over the course of these visits I've photographed its best dishes, notably the pan-seared skin salmon and my all time favourite eggs benedict. 

The best beef, in my opinion, is wagyu beef. Before my self-imposed pact to eat more healthily, I used to order the NY Burger complete with knee-bucklingly flavourful wagyu beef and warm melted cheese. Then I'd head straight for the sticky date toffee pudding which is honestly my favourite in Singapore, even over Artichoke and Marmalade Pantry - though those at the latter two can be just as satisfying. 
N.Y. Burger 200g Wagyu Patty. Melted English Cheddar. Crispy Onions. Aioli. 

Crispy Skin Pan-Seared King Salmon 160g with Sauteed Vegetables, Mashed Potato & Dill Cream Sauce
Ramlee Burger 200g Wagyu Patty. Egg Sunny Side Up. Onions. Cucumbers. Curry Mayo.
Ice Lemon Tea
Eggs Benedict: 2 Poached Eggs, Honey Baked Ham, Streaky Bacons, Hollandaise Sauce, English Muffin & served with Arugula
After the horrific experience I had at Picnique (I'm not being a food snob; I would've preferred Macdonald's over this place), I treasure every bite of eggs benedict that Privé has to offer. With its golden yolk oozing elegantly from the centre, each egg is poached to perfection with a generous drizzling of hollandaise sauce that cascades down the toasted english muffin. 



Lemon Meringue Pie
Freshly brewed gourmet cafe latte
Baked Chocolate Tart: Valrhona 55% Equatoriale Chocolate
Before I sound as though I'm being paid to do this review, I should warn you against the chicken wrap - its a tad bland despite the promise of grilled mango. For wraps and sandwiches, I highly recommend Toast at Takashimaya. Nonetheless, Privé still remains amongst my top favourite places to eat in Singapore. 


No. 2 Keppel Bay Vista
Marina at Keppel Bay
Singapore 098382
For reservations:
+65 6776 0777

Toast
Ngee Ann City
Unit 02-11 Ngee Ann City
391 Orchard Road
Singapore 238872
telephone 6733 8489

No comments: