Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SINGAPORE: Loysel's Toy

Winter's cold threatens to engulf us. I would complain about the 10 degree drop that happened overnight but then again, autumn temperatures have lingered on for far too long. My cappuccino  addiction has come back with a vengeance - there's something comforting about a warm mug nestled between cold fingers. It's times like this that I long for the blistering heat of Singapore's sun and lazy afternoons spent at charmingly homey cafes. 

Now that A Curious Teepee at Scape has closed down, there is one less place to get my fill of papa palheta coffee. Thankfully, Loysel's Toy is still alive and kicking. I wouldn't say the desserts are particularly exceptional, but the food is good and coffee is more than satisfying. I find myself inevitably drawn to places that exude a sense of lackadaisicalness and Loysel's Toy is one of them. 
mushroom linguine



Beef sandwich: pan-fried strip steak, rocket, caramelized onions, dijon mustard
spinach and rocket leaves, finely sliced onions and sprigs of mint set the stage for bright, juicy watermelon, finished with pine nuts and crumbled feta cheese


rent a bicycle for $10/hr






Loysel's Toy
66 Kampong Bugis, Ture, #01-01 
Singapore 338987
Tues to Fri 9am - 6pm
Sat and Sun 9am - 7.30pm 

No comments: