Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LONDON: The Breakfast Club


Like much of its surroundings, The Breakfast Club looks considerably lackluckstre from the outside; but step in and you're immediately engulfed in its cool, laid back atmosphere. With the walls plastered with photos reminiscent of the all too familiar college student's bedroom and the hippie vibe that pervaded the place, it was a refreshing change from the typical clean cut, rustic-type cafes that I've become so accustomed to. Feeling pretty satisfied with my surroundings, I wasn't going to be too fussy about the food but even that turned out reasonably well. It wasn't surprising to see a line forming as we sat down at our table. 

"When halloumi met salad wrap": halloumi, spinach, sundried tomato, houmous and reduced balsamic vinegar - with all my favourite things in one wrap, I couldn't resist.


Breakfast Burrito: Chorizo, Egg, Roasted Peppers, Guacamole and Cheddar


I've come to the slow realization that this blog has become a collection of ideas for the cafe that I would set up if I ever had the chance. In lieu of that I've decided to take note of little things that inspire me at each cafe, beginning with this one -

Note to self: If I had my own cafe, it would have a vibe as laid-back and unpretentious as The Breakfast Club, though probably with more space and light.

Breakfast Club, soho
33 D'Arblay Street
W1F 8EU
Tel: 020 7434 2571

2 comments:

Julieta Lucca said...

Hi Mary!

Lovely review! I'm a huge fan of the breskfast club!
I'm an editor at an online magazine launching on monday and I was wondering if I could post the picture of the wrap.

I'll clearly link it back to you.
Let me know!

Mary said...

Hi Julieta, yes thanks for asking (: feel free to use the photo of the wrap as long as you link it back to me!