Sunday, March 30, 2014

SANTORINI: La Maison




There are some posts that have sat around at pre-publishing status for months because I never got around to posting them. As time goes on, I feel I won't do the restaurant or the post justice because my memory of each dish has faded. Nonetheless, I never forget how a place makes me feel. Thinking about it now, my days in Santorini, post-final exams and pre-graduation, were really some of the most blissful. 

La Maison is a 10 minute walk from where my friends and I stayed in Imerovigli, one of the villages in Santorini. It may not have been one of the cheapest but it was definitely worth every euro. Fresh from our flight in from Athens, we were flushed with excitement and absolutely starving. 

A quick search on trip advisor led us to La Maison. Trip advisor really is a hit and miss thing. After all, taste is a subjective thing and when writing a review on trip advisor, excellent service can make you forget how bad the food was. Despite this, I think we really hit the jackpot with La Maison. In early June, the weather wasn't blisteringly hot nor bitingly cold and the place wasn't too overrun with annoying tourists with big cameras (much like myself). 

In a nutshell 

If you're planning a summer trip to Santorini: 

1. Go in early June; 
2. Don't rely solely on Trip Advisor for trip advice; and
3. As biased as this may be, refer to Cafe Creatures for my recommendations. Some restaurants we tried on our 8-day trip relied too much on the view and too little on their food to get by.
4. Lastly, bring a pashmina that stuffs easily into your backpack/tote for windy evenings! 









No comments: